Only over the dead...

Only over the dead...

That's what went through my head when I received my "challenge," tonight. The pastor was focusing on couples and challenged each husband in the congregation - directly by name - to "pray over your wife."

Now, that's not something I normally do ever. In fact, the only time I could even remember praying over someone was when that someone was quite literally on their deathbed. Praying over someone perfectly healthy? Hmmm...

We pray at meals, together. We pray as part of the congregation. Me praying directly over her? Sounded like a great idea, for some reason... although, I admit I cannot put words to WHY this sounds like a good idea. It sounded so good, at the time, I decided I'd pray over my children, too.

I'll be sure to post how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment