The World Needs More of This


I didn't have an "ideal" upbringing.  I could whine and whine about all the things that happened to me growing up, but, to be honest, I find that annoying.  I'm a grown man.  Whatever did or did not happen in my youth is the past.  I see no reason to dwell on it.  I'm doing my best to make sure I'm not part of a repeating cycle.  That's the end of discussing my past.

Unfortunately, failing to whine about your past is not the cool thing to do.  Instead, it would seem that society celebrates the victim.  You're just not cool unless you have some tragic back story that either excuses all of your failings or further underscores your accomplishments.  I don't mean to dismiss or discount any tragedy anyone has suffered, but I have heard these tales of woe so frequently and with such practiced faux emotion that I have genuinely lost interest.

Call me crass.  I'm okay with that.

What I would rather hear about is how awesome someone's childhood was.  I would just LOVE to hear people tell me how their parents were wonderful, are still married, gave them a good upbringing and are basically incredibly fabulous people.  I know these people are out there, but society doesn't celebrate them nor their parents.

That's sad.

So, when I do stumble across people uplifting good instead of evil, I celebrate it.

If you're like me and would love to hear more wholesomeness, here's a treat...
One of the first videos Taylor Swift uploaded to Vevo was this:


No comments:

Post a Comment